Monday, January 23, 2012

Verbatim

Dorie: I just ate something good --it wasn't a booger; it was sweet-tasting!
Me: Really? What was it? Where did you get it?
Dorie: From my nose.
February 4, 2012

Here is a conversation from our day in the car, prompted by two exclusively parental cans of Mountain Dew:
Dorie: James, do you want to be caffeinated?
James: Yeah!
Dorie: Me too! February 3, 2012
Dorie (to her Omi): The girls in Malaysia say "mamasita." I can say "mamasita" so I can talk to them! January 31
On James' birthday, Dorie was distraught about something. She said this, sobbing, while looking at James' Thomas-the-Tank-Engine birthday balloon.
Dorie: I want to smile like the trains, but I can't.
Me: Why can't you?
Dorie: Because I'm not an engine.
January  25, 2012
Me: Dorie, what would you want to eat?
Dorie: Peanut Butter and Jelly!
Me: James, what do you want for lunch?
James: Eat People!
Me: James, you can't eat people!
James: Why not?
 My kids are playing house in the way all little boys and girls do:
Dorie: Husband, come here!
James: No!                                                                                                                                            They also brought TomTom and Bojangles to me to kiss. "Ouch!" I said. "Why are they hot?!" Oh dear, their plastic dolls now have melted wounds on their heads from the stove.James and Dorie are not ready to be parents.                  January 19
 


No comments:

Post a Comment